1. It’s a new year and you have this resolution to get in shape:
I suggest Dance Performance Workshop with Darla (Mondays and Wednesdays at
Rio Grande from ). Not only will you firm up with her
kick-ass exercises but it’s a lot more motivating to work out while creating a
dance than forcing yourself to get on a treadmill.
2. You’ve got a crazy schedule and you’re going to need a way to stay sane:
Check out Julie’s Dance Improvisation II class (Mondays and Wednesdays at
Rio Grande from ). It’s the perfect class to end a
stressful day. Reconnect with your body after being stuck in a desk all day.
Feed your creative side to balance out the academics.
3. You want to be a better dancer: (and who doesn’t!)
You need to take Julie’s Anatomy for Dancers (Fridays at
Grande from ).
Get ahead of the curve with this class and learn to be a better dancer from the
4. You’re looking for a great technique class that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg:
Come take Ellen’s Modern II class (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
Rio Grande from ). This is the perfect lunchtime
workout that costs you less than $4 a class. I kid you not - $166 total for tuition and fees divided by
total number of classes (46) and voila!
5. You want to get up there!
It all starts with Julie’s Practicum/Principles of Choreography class (Mondays and Wednesdays at
from ). Learn how to
discover your own movement. Everyone can choreograph and this is the class that
teaches you how!
6. You want to start dancing again:
Ellen’s Modern I class is perfect (Tuesdays and Thursdays at
Rio Grande from ). Jump back in with this great
beginner class. No pressure, no competition, just having fun dancing.
7. You want to start dancing again but Tuesdays and Thursdays are out:
No fear! Roxy’s Modern I class has you covered (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
from )! And that nifty
math equation I did for Ellen’s Modern II class? Works here too – each class
for less than $4!
8. You want to start dancing for the first time:
Well, really any of the above but how about Kathy’s Ballet I class (Tuesdays and Thursdays at Balance Dance Studios from )? Learn the basics from one of Austin’s renowned Choreographers and Teachers. Just google Kathy Dunn Hamrick Dance Company to see what I’m talking about.
9. You just need a few more credits to get that financial aid:
José’s History and Appreciation of Dance gives you three credits (Tuesdays and Thursdays at Pinnacle from ). Nice bonus – it takes care of that core requirement for Visual and Performing Arts. And dance majors? Yep, you need this class to graduate.
10. You want to support your community, find friends, and just dance:
All the above!
Share this list with your friends and help support Dance right here in
Don’t waste time! You have until Wednesday the 8th at to sign up for these awesome classes!
Picture by Darla Johnson